Saturday, February 19, 2011

Birthdays and Bridal Showers

Last weekend in Rexburg, Ashley and I found ourselves celebrating for three consecutive days. On Saturday, Ashley's friends threw her a bridal shower. In attendance were several of her friends from the interior design program at BYU-Idaho as well as some of her other friends and roommates.

I was not there, but I did see Ashley before and after the shower and she looked absolutely beautiful. You can see for yourself in the pictures both above and below. As part of the shower, Ashley shared the story of how we met, which you can more about in earlier posts on this blog.


Ashley got lots of different gifts including ones that we won't put pictures of on here. At any rate, she got lots of cool stuff.





Later that night we went to dinner at Red Robin in Idaho Falls. I got the Banzai Burger, my favorite, and thanks to Ashley tipping off the wait staff, I also got a free ice cream sundae. The only catch was that I had to "wear" these two balloons while the servers sang to me. Fair trade.


The next day was my actual birthday and Ashley made me a delicious breakfast of orange rolls, eggs, and sausage. After church, she made chicken salad for dinner.


After dinner, I got to open presents not only from my family but from Ashley as well. And as an added bonus, she showed me some of the gifts she received the day before at her bridal shower (but once again we wont put pictures of those up).


I'd say it was a pretty good weekend...and I haven't even gotten to Valentine's Day yet. We're a little behind on uploading those pictures but we'll add another post as soon as we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment